2 of my cats died of this toxic shit!
I lived in an apartment that had constant flea infestations. I had 4 cats. The 2 that died, were sisters from the same litter, but they were 13 years old. Anyhow... I gave them baths first because they were older. The first cat, she went into shock, and was gasping for air. And to be honest, I thought it was because she was so old, and was scared of the water. And I gave her CPR, and she died almost immediately. But because I never would have thought the stuff sold at the store would kill my pets, and literally thought it was the water that put her into shock, not the fucking flea shampoo that would kill her. Anyways, gave my other cat a bath, and she did fine in the tub. I took her out, and then she started the breathing thing the other cat was doing. This went on all night long and then it seemed like she just slowly passed away.
I called my mother in law frantic about it, and I was hysterical and crying. Her neighbor is a vet, and she went and told him what happened to our cats, and he told her that Sergeant's brand is absolutely toxic. So I went to the store where I had bought it and grabbed a cart and threw every bottle/box anything with this brand's name on it, into the cart. I wheeled it up to the customer service desk, told them what happened, and they acted like they thought it was horrible, but then a week later, the product was back up on the shelves.
We wrote them (Sergeant's) a letter and told them what happened. You wanna know what they did??
They sent us a sympathy card, with a fucking coupon for their product in it.
Seriously, I would have pursued this further and would have gotten an attorney, but there was so much that was going on in our lives during this time, and just never followed through.
This was back in 2007. Now, I use advantage and bathe them in a natural shampoo, not a flea treatment shampoo. FUCK THIS COMPANY!!!
if awesome is a crime... guess that makes me a criminal...